As part of a new initiative this year, Echidna Sewing has created a monthly Sewalong to inspire and encourage customers to get creative and make use of their amazing sewing and embroidery skills.
Joining a sewalong enables you to do the following:
- Use your sewing and/or embroidery machine more than you might otherwise
- Follow a project brief and create something unique
- Use up any unwanted scrap material
- Gain inspiration from others – discover new sewing patterns, embroidery designs, colours styles, fabrics uses and much more!
- Learn new skills and techniques that you normally wouldn’t challenge yourself with
- Show off your finished project, gaining encouragement from others, and giving others the same.
What is the purpose of doing these monthly Sewalongs for various charities?
Each month we contact a different charity and find out if there are any products they desperately need for it’s members, or that they can use at an event or a fundraising auction. Therefore, each Sewalong is tailor-made to ensure that anything being donated will go directly to someone in need or help towards funding their cause.
“I want to donate to a specific charity but I’ve missed that Sewalong month or won’t have it made in time!”
There may be some charities that have touched you personally, and regardless of what month it was featured, you want to get involved. All of our Sewalongs have been tailor-made for each charity and that means that there is no deadline for your donations. Each Sewalong project includes the delivery address for where you need to send your items, so you are able to do this at any time of the year. Otherwise, you can drop off your items to any of our four Echidna store locations and we will send it in for you.