Life’s Little Treasures
The Life’s Little Treasures Foundation is Australia’s foremost charity dedicated to providing support, friendship and information, specifically tailored for families of children born premature or sick.
Having a child that is sick or premature can be a very traumatic roller-coaster ride and this wonderful foundation strives to give families the support and assistance they need.
Donate to Life’s Little Treasures Easter Event!
Life’s Little Treasures is holding an Easter event on the 3rd of April, 2017 for families who are desperately wanting to take home their sick or premature babies. This is why we are asking for donations including an Easter bunny toy or Easter themed baby bib to gift to these families.
If you would like to be involved, Life’s Little Treasures will require these donations by the 1st April, 2017. This means shipping to Life’s Little Treasures yourself, or dropping off your donations to Echidna Sewing no later than Wednesday, 23rd March.
Safety Requirements for Each Project
As these donations are to be given to the parents of infant children, you will need to ensure that your project complies with the following rules.
- Use only new products and materials
- Donations must be clean and free from chemicals, smoke and pet hair
- It cannot have any potential choking hazards like buttons, beads, ribbons, hems or rhinestones attached.
- March Sewalong will run from 1st March – 23nd March, 2017
- Please ship to Life’s Little Treasures or drop off your donations to Echidna Sewing no later than the 23rd March (address listed below).
- Complete any of the following projects, requested by Life’s Little Treasures.
- Or create your own Easter themed baby bib or small bunny based on your own sewing pattern.
- Must comply with the safety requirements above
Easy In-the-Hoop Stuffie Bunnies by Lindee Goodall
This gorgeous in-the-hoop Stuffy Bunny collection by Lindee Goodall contains three in-the-hoop bunnies for a 5” x 7” embroidery hoop or baby bunny for a 4” x 4” embroidery hoop or larger.
This collection was free to download during the month of March thanks to Lindee Goodall. You can now purchase this in-the-hoop Stuffy Bunny collection online for $19.95.
In-the-Hoop Cuddle Bunnies by Lindee Goodall
You can also purchase the In-the-hoop Cuddle Bunnies for only $39.95, containing more in-the-hoop bunny designs by Lindee Goodall for a range of different hoop sizes.
However, please do not donate the carrot from this collection due to it being a choking hazard for children under the age of 3 years.
Easter Themed Baby Bib
- Create a baby bib with Easter themed fabric or add an Easter design with embroidery or applique. Choose a baby bib pattern of your own or you can download a free Baby Bib pattern or Baby Bandana Bib pattern from Craftsy or the free Echidna Dribble Bib.
Note: Snaps or velcro are a safer alternative to secure your bib.
- Or purchase an infant baby bib and embroider it with your favourite Easter themed embroidery design.
Embroider Life’s Little Treasure Logo
Embroider the Life’s Little Treasure logo onto the front or back of your project for that extra special touch, which will help remind parents of the generosity and support they received by this incredible foundation.
- Download (4” x 4”) Embroidery Logo (ZIP, 120kb)
Things to Remember
These sewalongs are a great way to get inspired by what everyone creates, while giving to a worthy cause. If you’re new to sewing or embroidering then don’t despair. This is a great chance for you to get involved and have fun no matter what the outcome.
How Long do I Have to Create this Project?
Since we are featuring a new charity each month the March Sewalong will run from 1st – 22th March, 2017. Due to Life’s Little Treasures hoping to give these donations to families at their special Easter event on the 3rd of April, we are asking that you ship your donations to Life’s Little Treasures or drop them off to Echidna Sewing no later than Wednesday, 23rd March. Life’s Little treasures will always accept donations for their cause, as long as you comply with the Australian safety standards for infant children.
You can view the full list of Charity Projects online.
We will also be giving away a number of Universal Magazine prizes, which will be drawn on Monday, 4th April, 2017. However, we will also give away a number of prizes at random throughout the year for any sewalong project submitted, no matter which month it’s sent in.
Sending in your Donations
If you would like to donate your special Easter themed item please do the following:
- Drop it off to any of our four Echidna store locations by Wednesday 23rd March
- Or post it by Wednesday 23rd March to:
Att: Karen Peters
Life’s Little Treasures Foundation
203 Riversdale Rd
Hawthorn, VIC 3122
If you have your own sewing/embroidery blog you can save the following badges and post it on your blog entry, linking back to this page.
- Visit the Life’s Little Treasures website
- Visit the Echidna Sewing Facebook Community for inspiration
- Visit the Echidna Sewing Charity Page